Eggs are every ones favourite and its very well known for its versatility in cooking. We love it in any way. Here is the scrambled egg curry in which scrambled egg is cooked in tamarind based gravy. Its easy to cook and tasty to eat 🙂 This is perfect for rice, idli, dosas and rotis.
Egg – 4 no
Shallots – 5 nos
Tomato – 2 nos
Tamarind pulp – 3 tbsp
Homemade curry powder – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Uradh dhal – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Water – 1 cup (approx)
- In a bowl, take the tomatoes and mash it. Along with it, add the tamarind pulp and homemade curry powder. Mix this mixture well by adding little water and keep this aside.
- In a kadai, heat sesame oil and let the mustard seeds splutter. Then add the uradh dhal, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Once the flavour arises, add the shallots and fry till transparent.
- Now break the eggs into the kadai and fry till it reaches the scrambled egg stage. Add litle salt at this stage. Donot scramble the eggs too much. Let it be as little bit bigger chunks.
- Once the egg gets scrambled, the pour the tomato+currypowder+tamarind mixture into the kadai.
- Add a cup of water to the kadai and required salt. Allow the mixture to boil in high flame for about 4 to 5 mins, till the mixture thickens.
- Once it thickens, switch of the flame and serve.
Enjoy with steamed rice or roti 🙂