Wishing all of our wonderful and lovely ladies
a Happy Women’s Day!
Shall we celebrate this occasion with our authentic Indian dessert Kulfi ? Here is the recipe of Chocolate Kulfi which is a rich frozen dessert. Everyone loves this dessert for sure. Kulfi is little denser than the usual icecreams and can be easily made in home.
Instead of usual kulfi, I had an idea of introducing chocolate flavour to the kufi with jaggery powder as sweetener. This recipe does not include khoya or condensed milk in the preparation. Using cow’s milk does this job, making kulfi creamier and yummier!! I loved this kulfi to the core.
I have used normal chocolate bars in this recipe. You can also use cocoa powder instead of chocolate bars and add a little more jaggery powder to adjust the sweetness.
I always have an aversion on using white sugar considering its impacts on health. So I avoid using it in most of my recipes. At unavoidable situations alone, I use white sugar (Chocolate sometimes 😜 ). In this recipe, I made a try using jaggery powder instead of sugar and the result was great.
Full fat milk / Cow milk – 1/2 litre
Badam and pista (chopped) – 2 tbsp
Crushed elachi pods – 1/2 tsp
Chocolate – 1/4 cup (chocolate bar broken into pieces)
Jaggery powder – 1 tbsp
- In a pan, boil the full fat milk (I used cow milk) till it reduces to 1/4 th.
- Once it gets reduced, add the chopped nuts, crushed cardamom pods and chocolate bar/chips.
- In a low flame, stir well till the chocolate melts.
- Once the chocolate melts, switch off the flame and then add jaggery powder. Adjust the sweetness as per your wish.
- Mix well till the jaggery dissolves.
- Let it cool and then transfer it to moulds.
- Refrigerate in freezer for 5 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with nuts, chocolate shavings and serve.