Paneer is a favourite ingredient for most of the people and it’s a versatile one which can be used to prepare dry as well as gravy dishes. Its a most popular ingredient in Indian vegetarian cusine. Instead of cubed paneer, scrambled paneer is used in this recipe. If you have left over paneer, you can prepare this dish in ease.
Scrambled Paneer – 100 gms
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Crushed GingerGarlic – 1 tsp
Green chilli – 1 no
Cloves – 3 nos
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cardamom – 1
Cumin seeds / Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Curd – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Butter/Ghee – 2 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup
- In a kadai, heat butter or ghee and add in the spices: cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and cumin seeds (You can replace cumin seeds with cumin powder).
- When the aroma arises, mix in the onion and fry till light golden brown.
- Add the crushed Gingergarlic and chopped greenchilli.
- Fry till the raw smell of gingergarlic goes away.
- Mix in the chopped tomato and the spice powders : Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Garam masala and Coriander powder.
- Add in little water and fry till the oil seperates from the mixture.
- Mix in the curd at this stage and cook in low flame for about 2 to 3 mins.
- Finally add the crumbled paneer and required salt, little sugar and mix well.
- Cook in medium flame for 2 mins and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with any Indian bread of your choice.
- I used Jaggery powder instead of white sugar.