I have already posted this recipe without photos. I think this was my 2nd post. Prepared this recipe at recent and got a chance to click pics. So updating this recipe again with pics.
Egg masala would be always a favourite for one who likes eggs. This Egg masala is one of the flavourful and spicy dish which does not need many ingredients. In this dish, boiled eggs are cooked in onion tomato gravy. It goes very well with rice and as well as roti.
Eggs – 5
Onion – 2
Tomato – 2( Medium sized)
Garlic – 1/2 tsp (finely chopped)
Ginger – 1/2 tsp (finely chopped)
Homemade Curry powder – 1 table spoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Cloves – 4 nos
Cinnamon – 1inch
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Hard boil the eggs with little salt for about 10 mins
- Cut each boiled egg into half and keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add the spices, cloves and cinnamon.
- Once it releases the flavor, add the onions and saute till it turns transparent. Add curry leaves and some coriander leaves at this stage which gives a nice flavour. Reserve some for garnish
- Then add the chopped ginger and garlic and fry for a min.
- Add tomato then and fry till mushy
- Add salt to taste, turmericpowder and Homemade curry powder at this stage and fry till its raw smell vanishes
- Once the oil starts leaving from the mixture, now add the boiled eggs, mix well and let the eggs get the juices in to it for about 2-3 mins. Add little water if necessary to loosen the gravy
- Then finally garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with Rice or Roti
- Homemade curry powder can be replaced with (not exact replacement) Coriander powder – 1/2tsp Chilli powder – 1/2tsp Jeera powder -1/4tsp Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp This combination will also taste good but has slightly different taste (but this egg masala with homemade curry powder tastes best).
- Chopped ginger and chopped garlic enhances the flavour when compared to ginger garlic paste.