This baby potato fry is a simple homemade south indian flavourful preparation. It goes well with sambar rice, curd rice and lemonrice
Baby potato (small potato) – 250 g
fennel seeds (crushed) – 1tsp
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Homemade currypowder – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – for garnish
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
- Rinse and boil the baby potatoes in a steamer or pressure cooker ( I used pressure cooker) for about 5 whistles.
- Cool down the baby potatoes completely aand de-skin it.
- Marinate the baby potatoes with fennel seeds ( crushed or powdered), ginger garlic paste, curry powder and salt.Let it rest for 15 to 20 mins.
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a kadai and now add the marinated potatoes to the oil.
- Fry this potatoes in a low to medium flame until crispy.
- Finally add the coriander leaves for garnish.