Potato curry is a simple and tasty dish. Everyone loves potatoes and we use it in different ways. This recipe is my all-time favorite and its made using homemade curry powder (Refer recipe here) . It goes well with sambar rice, curd rice, morkulambu, lemon rice.
Potato – 1/2 kg
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1 (small sized)
Garlic cloves – 4 to 5 nos (crushed)
Homemade curry powder – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Uradh dhal – 1/2 tsp
Groundnut oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Boil the potatoes in a cooker for 5 whistles in a high flame, peel the skin and keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottomed kadai, heat the oil.
- Let the mustard seeds splutter and then add uradha dhal.
- Add in the crushed garlic cloves, curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves.
- Add the chopped onion, fry for a minute and then add the chopped tomato.
- Then mash the boiled potatoes and add it to the kadai and mix well.
- Now add the homemade curry powder and required salt. Mix well
- Let the potato mixture get roasted in a low flame for about 5 to 8 mins.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve it with steamed rice.