Fried rice is an easy rice recipe that is loved by most of the kids. Addition of eggs in the fried rice makes it even more favourite dish for them and this one is great for lunchbox. Addition of chilli powder gives an extra punch to this rice.
Cooked basmati rice – 2 cups
Garlic – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Carrot – 1/2 cup (shredded)
Cabbage – 1/2 cup (shredded)
Spring onion bulbs – 1/4 cup (chopped)
Spring onion greens – 1/4 cup (chopped)
Eggs – 3 nos
Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp (optional)
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
- In a pan, heat little oil and break the eggs. Add little pepper powder, salt and greens of spring onions and prepare scrambled eggs and keep this aside.
- In a big kadai, heat oil, add the chopped garlic and fry for few seconds.
- Then add the chopped spring onion bulbs and saute for few mins.
- Now add the shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, little salt and pepper powder. Fry till the veggies gets 3/4th cooked.
- Now add the greens of the spring onions, scrambled egg, chilli powder and tomato ketchup.
- Mix them well for about 2 mins.
- Now add the cooked basmati rice and mix well so that the veggies gets incorporated with the rice.
- Finally, add little pepper powder and check for salt.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve.