Piping hot Mutton bone soup with added pepper is best for cold wintery days. It is an aromatic and spicy soup made using mutton bones that is very common in the southern parts of India.
Its a nutritious health-boosting food and is easily digestible. Combo of peppercorns and shallots cures cold. I make this soup when someone in my family is suffering from bad cold. It kills the cold for sure and gives a good relief.
Mutton bone – 100 gms
Shallots – 5 to 6 nos
Tomato – 1
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Pepper corns – 1 tsp
Water – 3 cups
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and pepper corns
- Then add the shallots and fry till transparent.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, Turmeric powder and fry well.
- Cool this mixture completely.
- Grind the cooled mixture into a fine paste.
- In a cooker, add the cleaned Mutton bones, salt and the ground paste.
- Add 4 cups of water and close the cooker.
- Allow to cook in high flame. Simmer the flame after 5 mins from the first whistle.Continue to cook in simmer flame for 15mins and then switch off the flame.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and salt and serve muttonbone soup hot.