Egg is one of the ingredient that all our household have in common. This Egg rice can be prepared instantly and its flavourful. Egg rice is a quick and easy to prepare non vegetarian dish. It can be easily done in minutes if cooked rice is ready. I love this yummy dish and its my favourite lunchbox recipe during my childhood days.
Egg – 4 nos
Boiled rice – 200 gms
Cloves – 3 nos
Cinamon – 1 inch piece
Onion – 1
Curry leaves – 1 sprig (chopped)
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
Salt – to taste
Oil- 2 tbsp
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 5 cloves
Green chilli – 2 nos
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Boil the rice and keep it aside.
- Grind all the ingredients under “For grinding” into a coarse paste and keep it aside. Initially add the cloves and cinnamon in the mixer jar and grind it into a coarse powder then add the remaining ingredients.
- Keep this ground paste aside.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add the cloves and cinnamon.
- After the aroma arises, add the onion, chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves. Fry them for a minute.
- Mix in the coarsely ground paste in the kadai and fry till the raw smell of the paste vanishes.
- Then add in the eggs and fry them till they get scrambled along with the onion mixture.
- Finally mix in the boiled rice well with the egg mixture without any lumps and keep it covered in a low flame for about 2 to 3 mis so that the flavour mixes with the rice well.
- Egg rice is ready to be served with potato chips or any crunchy snack of your choice.