Cauliflower is a versatile veggie that can be served as sidedish or as a starter. This is a easy, quick and tasty Cauliflower recipe that can be served as a sidedish for rice or roti
Cauliflower – 1/2kg
Onion – 1
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
- Clean the Cauliflower and separate it to florets
- In boiling hot water add turmeric powder and salt. Switch off the flame and add the cauliflower florets to the hot water.
- Allow it to remain in hot water for 10mins. Then strain and keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat the oil and add Cumin seeds.
- Once it releases the flavour, add the onions and fry till transparent.
- Then add the Coriander leaves and ginger garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add the cleaned florets to the kadai and mix well.
- Now add the chilli powder, pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Close the kadai with a lid and Cook the cauliflower florets in a low flame.
- Cook till the florets turn soft for about 10mins.
- Adding turmeric powder and salt to the hot water is to remove the worms or other insects from the cauliflower.
- After adding the spice masalas, sprinkle little water if needed to avoid the mixture sticking to the kadai.
- I have used kashmiri chilli powder here which gives the bright color. You can use the ordinary chilli powder also.