This was my first post(without pic) and now updating the same recipe with the picture 🙂 🙂
Minced mutton curry is a delicious and flavourful south indian curry in which minced mutton (kothukari in tamil) is cooked along with whole and powdered Indian spices with onion and tomato. I like to have this curry with chapathi. It tastes good with full of flavours and also easy to make. For Mutton chukka recipe, refer here and Mutton bone soup, refer here
Pearl onions-15 to 20 nos
Turmericpowder- 1 tsp
Homemade Curry powder– 2 tablespoons
Coconut paste-1 cup
Curry leaves- 1 sprig
Salt – to taste
Cinnamon-2 big strips
kalpasi(Stone flower)- 2 pieces
1. Rinse and wash mutton keema well and drain it using a colander.
2. Pour oil in pressure pan and saute the spices cloves,cinnamon and kalpasi (stone flower)
3. Then add the pearl onions and garlic cloves.saute them till onion turns soft
4. After when the onions turn soft,then add tomato and fry them till slightly mushy
5. Then add the washed mutton keema, Homemade curry powder and turmericpowder. Saute them for 2-3mins.
6. add the coconut paste to the keema mixture. Then add water till the mixture immerses.
7. Close the lid of thepressure cooker and put weight on the lid.
8. Place in high flame till first whistle. And after 5 mins of first whistle, then simmer for 15 mins and switch off the flame.
9. Garnish with curry leaves.
Serve it with Chapathi, poori or dosa.Also goes well with rice.