Greenchilli coconut chutney is a raw, spicy chutney and does not involve any cooking. It can be prepared within minutes with very few ingredients and tastes awesome. This chutney is served with sesame oil which enhances the flavour of the dip and as well as reduces the hotness of the greenchilli.
It goes very well with piping hot idlis. This chutney/dip will be a favourite one for those who love the flavour of greenchillis. You can adjust the spiciness as per your wish. Sesame oil is recommended for this dip.
For other chutney / dip recipes, refer here
Green chilli – 6 to 7 nos
Coconut – 1/2 cup (grated)
Tomato – 1 no
Salt – to taste
Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup (approx) – for grinding
- Gind the ingredients: green chilli, coconut and tomato together in a mixie into a thick paste.
- Add required salt and mix well.
- Serve this chutney topped with a tablespoon of sesame oil.
- The ground chutney should be thick so that sesame oil can be mixed to the chutney while serving.
- The amout of sesame oil mixed with the chutney depends upon idividuals taste. More sesame oil reduces the hotness of the dip and vice versa.