Dosa / Crepes are mostly loved by every one. A crispy dosa with a healthy lentil makes it even more delicious as well as healthy too. Green gram is a healthy lentil packed with lot of protiens. This dosa / lentil crepe is an quick recipe with few ingredients. The only pre-preparation is the soaking of the lentil and then it can be made in minutes. Dosa made with lentils always are filling, so I prefer this recipe for breakfast. Coconut chutney is an apt sidedish for this dosa. Refer other Dosa Varieties here.
Whole greengram – 200 gms
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Dry red chilli – 4 nos
Salt – to taste
Water – 2 cups (approx)
Oil – as required
- Rinse and soak the Greengram dhal overnight for about 8 hours.
- Drain the soaked greengram dhal.
- Grind the soaked dhal, cumin seeds and redchilli together with little water into a paste (not very fine).
- In a bowl, add the ground mixture, required salt and water as needed. The batter should be of dosa batter consistency (It should freely flow when dropped from laddle).
- Now the greengram dosa batter is ready.
- In a dosa tawa / flat pan, pour a laddle full of batter at the centre and spread the batter outwards in to a thin dosa (I love thin and crispy dosas 🙂 )
- Smear some oil and wait for a minute for the underside of the dosa to turn golden.
- I avoid flipping the dosa on other side as the dosa loses its crispines. So I use a flat laddle / spatula and gently even / flatten the surface of the dosa so that the dosa is thin and crisp.
- Wait till the dosa turns golden and then remove from the tawa (No need to flip the dosa)
- Hot and crispy Greengram dosa is ready.
- You can also prepare dosa with sprouted green grams in the same way.